- Job ID: 1-248233
- Department: Merchandise
- Location: Corporate Headquarters - Springfield, MO
- Status: Supplemental
- Tentative Schedule: This is a part-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, Flexible scheduling.
The Merchandise Intern will work as part of the backroom product team, responsible for managing all automotive hard part product categories with annual revenue of $5 Billion.The intern will work with Product Managers to identify strategic initiatives to improve key performance metrics for various product categories and will work with multiple departments to coordinate and oversee those initiatives. They will aid the Product Managers in market research, product and supplier analysis, and extensive financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, excellent communicator and have a willingness to learn and grow with the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with Product Managers to maximize profitability and create competitive advantages within back room product categories.
- Work with Product Managers to develop formal business reviews for back room product categories and identify key initiatives.
- Work with Product Mangers, suppliers, company stores, and other corporate departments to execute merchandise and supply chain projects.
- Ongoing market research to understand and address competitive programs.
- Aid Product Managers in the presentation of product and supplier recommendations to senior and executive level management.
- Monitor product quality through warranty review and continuous improvement processes.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, or Finance.
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, analytical, and committed to Excellent Customer Service.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel as a tool for data analysis.