Who we are
It started with a father and son - Charles Francis "C.F." and Charles H. "Chub" O’Reilly. Together they had the courage and confidence to venture out on their own. Along with 11 others who shared the same desire to offer great customer service and auto parts availability, the doors of O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. opened on December 2, 1957.
Now, more than 61 years later, the 77,000-plus team members at O’Reilly Auto Parts are proud of the company’s achievements over the years.
During our early years, we focused on sales and slow and steady growth. At the end of our first year, sales totaled $700,000, and by 1961 volume reached $1.3 million. For the first seven years of operation, there was one store in Springfield, MO, until the second opened in July 1964. In March 1975, annual sales volume rose to $7 million and a 52,000 square-foot facility was built in Springfield for the O’Reilly/Ozark warehouse operation. By that time, the company had nine stores, all located in southwest Missouri.
The long range plans and stability of the company were solidified by a public offering of company stock in April 1993. Since that time, the Company has grown through new store and distribution center openings, as well as numerous mergers and acquisitions. O’Reilly currently operates stores in 47 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and distribution centers in 27 locations.
Dramatic changes in technology, inventory control, facilities, and sheer size mark the O’Reilly growth and success story. But, it is our spirit of teamwork - how important it was then and how important it remains - that drives our performance. The company’s values and culture that started with the original 13 employee/owners remain evident and strong as we expand and develop Team O’Reilly.
We serve two distinct customer bases - the professional (installer) customers who provide auto repair services to their customers (DIFM - do it for me), and retail "walk-in" customers (DIY - do it yourself). Our dual-market strategy continues to differentiate us from the competition and is a major factor in our ongoing success. Depending on a store’s professional versus retail customer mix, more than 95 percent of our locations have team members dedicated to our professional customers, offering them separate counters, phone lines, and a delivery fleet that totals 18,455 vehicles. We also have a professional sales team, consisting of territory sales managers and in-store sales specialists, responsible for calling on our professional customers and building sound business partnerships to ensure O’Reilly is the First Call for their auto parts needs.
O’Reilly is full of successful career stories - people who started in entry level positions and with training, hard work, and dedication have moved up the career ladder. O’Reilly believes in a strong promote-from-within philosophy, encouraging you to grow your career along with the organization.
Our CEO, like a lot of O’Reilly leaders, started with the company on the ground floor. We have something not all companies can brag about - leaders who know the ins and outs of the company from having worked virtually every job.
We continue to be one of the fastest-growing companies in our industry with lots of opportunities for individual growth. Whether you are looking for a career path to run a store, manage a distribution center team, or climb the corporate ladder, O’Reilly has the opportunities you are searching for.
O’Reilly Automotive intends to be the dominant supplier of auto parts in our market areas by offering our retail customers, professional installers, and jobbers the best combination of price and quality provided, along with the highest possible service level.
In order to accomplish this mission, O’Reilly will provide a benefit and compensation plan that will attract and keep the kind of people that will enable the company to reach its goals of growth and success.
CommitmentO'Reilly is committed to our customers and our team members
DedicationFocus your efforts on doing your best for the company
EnthusiasmLet your passion and determination help you and O'Reilly succeed
Expense ControlFocus on controlling expenses at all times
Hard WorkWork harder and smarter than our competition
Team WorkBuild and be part of a positive team
ProfessionalismTake pride in your responsibilities and abilities as a professional parts person
HonestyBe honest in your dealings with O'Reilly, fellow team members, and our customers
Safety/WellnessPractice safe choices and healthy habits at work and at home
RespectTreat others as you would like to be treated
Excellent Customer ServiceMake it your priority to deliver extraordinary, above and beyond service
Win-Win AttitudeWork with a positive attitude to help everyone succeed
At O’Reilly Auto Parts, we place great value on our team members and the importance of working as a team to drive our company’s success. All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families.
- Medical - O’Reilly offers multiple medical plans with varying contribution rates, deductible amounts, co-insurance or co-pay amounts.
- Dental - O’Reilly offers a choice of dental plans to eligible team members. Preventative services are covered at 100% on all plans.
- Vision - O’Reilly offers a competitive vision care plan offering a nationwide network of providers. Covered services are exams, glasses, and contacts.
- Life Insurance - After meeting eligibility requirements, full time team members are provided with a company paid life insurance plan and have the option of purchasing additional term life coverage or Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage for themselves and their dependents.
- Disability - Short term and long term disability plans are available to offset lost income due to an accident or illness.
- 401(k) Savings Plan - O’Reilly offers a 401(k) plan with company match. Roth and Traditional pre-tax 401k savings plans are offered.
- Stock Purchase Plan - Team members may elect to purchase O’Reilly stock at a discounted price per share.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) are available during the annual open enrollment.
- Education Assistance - Following one year of FT employment, team members may be eligible for education assistance.
- Accident - Accident insurance is available to provide lump sum cash benefits as a result of experiencing a covered accident and subsequent treatment.
- Critical Illness Insurance - Critical illness insurance is available to provide lump sum cash benefits as a result of a covered critical illness.
- Hospital Indemnity - Hospital Indemnity insurance is available to provide a lump sum cash benefit for up to 10 days when admitted to the hospital.
- Legal Services - Team members may elect to enroll in a legal services plan that provides access to a nationwide network of attorneys to assist with matters such as wills, bankruptcy, traffic tickets, and much more.
- Identity Protection - O’Reilly also offers an Identity Theft plan that will monitor your credit and identify possible fraudulent activity.
- Team Member Purchase Discounts - O’Reilly team members may purchase products sold by the company at a special discount. Discounts vary depending on the product.
- Discounts - O’Reilly offers access to a variety of discount programs such as BenefitHub, Access Perks and Tickets at Work.
- Entitlements - Full-time O'Reilly team members will be awarded paid time off based on their years of service.
- Holiday Pay - Eligible team members will receive six paid holidays each year.
- O’Care Solutions - O’Reilly team members may seek services from the employee assistance program for a variety of personal needs including but not limited to counseling, legal, and financial assistance.
- Wellness - Throughout the year O’Reilly offers a variety of programs to help our team members improve their overall wellness with the Live Life Well program.
At O’Reilly Auto Parts, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. Each day the people of our diverse communities come through our stores, distribution centers, or corporate office expecting and deserving the highest quality customer service and professionalism. Our team members, more than 68,000 strong, reflect the diverse population we serve. We want our stores, DCs, and corporate office to mirror the communities we work and live in. We have a commitment to inclusion and an understanding that our varied backgrounds and experiences are a source of great strength.
Having diversity is the opportunity for team members’ personal growth. Team members who acknowledge differences in their co-workers also often find similarities as well. This is particularly true when they share common goals, such as production and quality. Respect for co-workers reduces the likelihood of conflict and/or facilitates an easier road to conflict resolution.
As we interact with people from other cultures in the workplace, diversity helps remind us to honor beliefs and sensibilities that are not necessarily our own. Unless we become aware of cultural diversity in its many forms, relationships can die (or never begin) simply for the lack of understanding. As we build diversity, not only can we foster productive interactions and agreements, but it also allows us to construct bridges to trust, respect, and understanding across cultures and within a multicultural workplace.